Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Whack Wednesday: The Itch Is Too Real

Hey everyone it is so raining here in Philadelphia...Like it is pouring but the up side to all of this is the SNOW THE IS GONE!!! I appreciated the snow sooo much more when I was younger now I'm just like "why is the devil trying to ruing my life?" Rain sucks too sometimes like when you gotta go to work and waiting for the damn bus that never comes on time...anywho I am getting off topic..What is Whack this Wednesday is when you are feeling you braids, swaying them back in forth, in the mirror acting like a light skinned version of Moesha (maybe that's just me) and then your hair starts itching sooooo bad and you have braids so you cant really dig into it...ooooooohhhhh that is the worst. I don't what it is but no matter if its individuals or a sew-in weave your hair just wont stop itching. As you can tell from the last few pics I posted I am all braided up, I love putting my hair in braids because its a easy day to day hair style, its a great protective hair style, and because I'm transition into natural and trying to workout more so with braids I don't have to worry about my hair sweating out. So even though I love my braids I hhhhaaatttteeee when my hair starts itching...Now I have been getting my hair braid for a loonnngggg time and for the last, I wanna say 7 months I have been braiding my own hair in individuals so I have been using every braid spray there is...so I want to give you my thoughts on three different braiding sprays and then share with you some tips I found the internet....
African Pride
This is the go to braid spray...Smells really nice...pro: it does stop the itch, also it as a a lot of great ingredients in the formula that helps keep your hair heathy..con: it doesn't last that long
Sulfur 8
 I started using this when the itch got way to real, desperate times call for desperate measure...pro: stops dandruff before it evens goes down and does work..con: again doesn't last long, I think the itch came back faster, and it smells eww
 Palmers Hair Oil
This spray is good for braids (says it on the bottle) this is actually my favorite one. pros: It smells sooooo good, it has coconut oil and biotin in it (just to name a few things), it works really good if you spray it directly on the scalp...cons: it is such a small bottle it runs out fast, also it is oil so its oily (duh) watch you clothing!! but I like it.

Oldie but Goodie
B &B
I heard a lot of rumors about not using grease, its has to do with the petroleum...but I use it  
, I used it has a kid and it moisturizes my dry hair and stops the itch which are the pros...cons it does "cake up" like when you hair starts itching again the grease can get on your hands and in your nails :( but when I run out of spray I use this until I re-up.
 So over all Palmers is my fav :)
So that was my brief review and experience with braiding sprays but I also looked up some info for all of us online. While searching the web I came across this awesome website Natural Hair Rules ..Your Hair Authority . On this site they give 5 amazing tips on how to beat itchy scalp with braids http://www.naturalhairrules.com/5-ways-beat-itchy-scalp-braids/ I found this super helpful so make sure you check that out!!!

I hope you enjoyed this...thank you sooooo much for reading and I will check you guys out tomorrow for Whats The T Thrusday so we can talk about some juicy celeb gossip..and don't forget to check out the youtube channel :A.J Marie!!! Now I gotta go my hair is itching lol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment