Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Truth Tuesday: My Opinion On Relationships

So its Tuesday and a lot is on my mind. I am a single women. I'm not looking because for one I'm still holding on to my past and honestly I have been scared because dating for me hasn't been the best experience. Literally I have started to talk to someone and the second day something sexual comes up or they were way to aggressive (a personal turn off). Now we're all adults (hopefully) and know that sex is one important part of a relationship so eventually there is lots of loving to be made but when you are meeting someone for the first time, in my opinion, if your really interested in them and want to eventually be in a relationship you want to get to know a little bit of who they are first. I'm using "people" because this applies to men & women. A lot of people don't want to take this step because their not interested in a relationship but shouldn't they be up front about that in the beginning. Some don't say anything because they selfishly want to have sex with that person and are afraid the truth will turn them away. Some are very honest but the other person foolishly thinks they can change their minds about relationships (once in a blue moon this actually happens but you should never think you can change a persons way of thinking.) It's  selfish to not be up front because some, including myself, sex is emotional and we can become very attached and hurt if it doesn't go in the relationship direction. That's why I personal try to avoid these type of situations. It seems that a lot of people have stop believing in things like love, relationships, dating and marriage. I think this comes from either a personal issue with the whole idea, feeling a since of being "trapped", or have seen really bad examples of relationships and marriage and have opted out. Strangely enough most of the same people are wanting/willing to make a baby with the same person they don't want to commit to...can somebody ANYBODY explain that one to me. This is sooooo disappointing to people like me who are still hopeless romantics. I have seen terrible examples of relationships/marriages and personally haven't been in the best relationships in the world but I still believe in happily ever after. I love when I see a couple that are not only lovers but best friends, that can argue but make up and say I love you after, couples that wouldn't dare cheat because they know there is no one else they rather be with. I know relationships aren't perfect but they can be perfect to you in your partner. I know it involves a lot of comprise,trust and commutation (just to name a few) and I think when you both agree to that your off to a great start and have an amazing future ahead of you. I would love to grow old and cranky with someone. Maybe one day,when I let go of my own past, a man will come my way (not too aggressively lol) that still believes in the things I do....I hope this wasn't too long lol. Thank you for taking the time to read this and tell me your thoughts on relationships in the comments below!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment